If you are specialized in soldering electronic components, buying a 30-35W soldering iron is sufficient. The larger the wattage (W), the higher the temperature of the soldering iron.
Generally, the soldering tip of a 30-35W soldering iron has a temperature of about 300C. Wait for about 5 minutes after turning on the soldering iron before the soldering nozzle has enough temperature.
B. Soldering iron stand
The metal frame on which the soldering iron is placed, the sponge that has been attached with a clean welding tip, should be filled with water before use. After the soldering iron is preheated, please be used to clean the soldering tip on the sponge before soldering.
C. Tin wire
To buy high-quality tin wires with a tin content of 60% or more (the other 40% are lead and other impurities), the melting point of ordinary tin wires is about 180C.
For general use, tin wires with a diameter of 0.5mm to 0.8mm should be purchased.
Solder joints made of high-quality tin wires will be reflective and shiny; inferior dull and dull.
D. Welding common sense
1. Not all metals can be soldered with tin. The "foot" of general electronic components are made of iron or copper, and the surface is plated with nickel to prevent oxidation (some advanced ones are plated with silver or even gold). The above metals can be soldered with tin. Need special processing before soldering with tin.
2. The principle of welding is that after the metal to be welded is heated to more than 180 degrees (the melting point of the tin wire), the tin wire is clicked, and the tin is immediately melted into a liquid state and completely attached to the surface of the welded metal.
3. If the temperature of the metal to be welded is insufficient, the tin will become semi-liquid and semi-solid, and cannot be completely attached to the object to be welded, forming a "false soldering" or "virtual soldering" situation.
4. Therefore, the main cause of poor welding is that the temperature of the metal to be welded does not reach the melting point (180 degrees) of the tin wire.
E. Welding Practice
1. First check the solder joints on the bottom plate and the parts "foot" for oxidation or stains. If there is any, please clean them first. The bottom plate can be cleaned with an eraser (sand glue); the part feet can be scraped away with a knife.
2. Insert the parts, the parts should be flat against the bottom plate, try not to have extra feet exposed.
3. Reverse the bottom plate and see the parts feet. (Parts may fall out, so usually short parts (such as resistors) are welded first, because they can be pressed on the table and they will not fall out.)
4. Holding the soldering iron on the right and the solder wire on the left together on the solder joint.
The soldering iron nozzle must be in contact with the bottom plate solder joints and parts feet, the purpose is to heat the two together to more than 180 degrees. It is estimated that it does not take 2 seconds, and the temperature of the two has reached 180 degrees, and the tin wire immediately melts into a liquid state, completely surrounding the solder joint.
5. The amount of tin is entirely based on experience. Too much, it is easy to form a bead shape; too little, the welding is not strong. The most perfect is a "pyramid",
It can be seen that the molten tin is wrapped around the solder joints and the parts feet, and has a pyramid shape.
Finally, cut off the extra feet and weld it.
6. The welding time must be completed within 5 seconds. Because all electronic components are very afraid of heat, especially the transistors, diodes, etc. are damaged by overheating at any time, you must pay attention to it.
7. If welding a large metal object, it may take more than 5 seconds or more to heat it. At this time, you can replace the soldering iron with a larger wattage, such as 60W to 100W, and try to finish the welding within 5 seconds.
F. Tips for soldering wires to the bottom plate
1. Wires and solder joints are tinned separately. (Very important steps, if you do not apply tin first, the two are not easy to solder together)
2. Solder the two together without adding tin.
Test machine summary:
1. After completing the welding, please do the following before connecting the power supply:
a. Carefully check for misconnected parts.
1. Resistance: Especially some easy to get wrong, such as 100Ω (brown black brown), easily confused with 10KΩ (brown black orange) or 100KΩ (brown black yellow).
2. Capacitor: It is relatively simple, because the value has been printed on the part, but pay attention to the positive and negative electrodes of the electrolytic capacitor. If the positive and negative electrodes are misadjusted, the circuit can still work, but the capacitor is easily damaged.
3. Diode: Pay attention to polarity. As a result of misadjustment, the circuit will not work, and parts will even be burned.
4. Triode: Pay attention to the polarity. As a result of misadjustment, the circuit will not work, and parts will even be burned.
5. Zener diode: close to the shape of diode 1N4148, carefully read the text printed on the tube, and pay attention to the polarity.
6. Light-emitting diode: the polarity is misadjusted, the LED will not emit light, but it will not be damaged.
7. Infrared receiving diode: if the polarity is wrongly adjusted, it may burn immediately.
8. Power supply: It is very important that the positive and negative poles must not be connected wrongly, the consequences of misadjustment may burn the parts.
9. Choke coil: There is a choke coil in CK-101. The short pin should be inserted in the marked position on the bottom plate. If the misadjustment circuit does not work.
b. Carefully inspect the solder joints:
1. Check all solder joints for "false soldering"!
2. Check for shorts between solder joints and solder joints.
c. Do not connect to the power supply until enough work is done.
1. Pay attention to whether the battery has sufficient power, sometimes the newly purchased battery may be low.
2. The circuit does not work properly, what should I do:
a. Unplug the power and check again.
b. Check the battery voltage.
c. If you suspect that there is a problem with the solder joint, you can heat the soldering iron and solder again at each solder joint, and you can no longer add tin during this period.
d. Failed production, usually the wrong parts and poor welding! The chance of the parts themselves being damaged is not high.
Dongguan Chuangxiao Automation Technology Co., Ltd. © All rights reserved
Phone: 0769-85825590 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 2nd Floor, Building B, Dinghao High-tech Industrial Park, No.29 Baohong Road, Baotun Community, Houjie Town, Dongguan City
Scan, watch on mobile